Innovation Tax are looking for a Tax Executive to assist with the Corporation Tax functions within our rapidly expanding business. This is an opportunity for the right candidate to learn about the specialist areas of corporation tax and join a highly experienced team.
Your primary duties will comprise;
- Becoming the primary client point-of-contact with partner accountancy firms
- Reviewing amended corporation tax computations and corporation tax returns to ensure R&D, Patent Box and Capital Allowance claims have been incorporated in line with current legislation.
- Supporting the technical R&D claim specialists with tax technical queries
- Visiting Innovation Tax clients as part of a consulting team to conduct technical interviews and gather financial information for R&D, Patent Box and Capital Allowance claims
- Reviewing changes to legislation which may impact on the Innovation Tax product offering
- Assist marketing efforts through tax technical content creation
- Reviewing claims as part of a rigorous quality control process
- Offering support to more senior members of the team
- Working with Innovation Tax clients to implement record keeping tools
- Work with the client acquisition team to develop claim methodologies
To take responsibility for liaison with external partners in regard to the submitting of innovation tax claims to HMRC.
This is an office-based role in our Hatfield premises, although there will be opportunities to work from home on occasion or to be in attendance at client sites as part of our consulting team.
- We are looking for someone who is working towards the relevant tax or accounting qualifications, i.e. ATT/CTA
- Ability to manageworkloads and effectively prioritise tasks
- Excellent telephone and written skills
- Ability to build a good rapport with clients, their accountants and the rest of the team
- Wants to learn about the niche product offering from Innovation Tax and the impact these products have on general Corporation Tax compliance.
Between £22,000 – £28,000 p.a. subject to experience and qualifications